Compensation: Hourly (starting at $15 D.O.E)
Benefits: Available with Full-Time Employment
Employment type: Part-Time with Full-Time potential (Typical day 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
We are seeking a dependable, experienced delivery driver to become a vital part of our delivery team. Physical strength and stamina, as well as a clean driving record, are needed. Delivery Drivers must be organized, efficient and professional at all times. Adhering to assigned routes and time schedules while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time is crucial.
To succeed as a Delivery Driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing all customers with an excellent experience. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled and committed to work safety. This position also requires the ability to tow and effectively back up trailers mounted to delivery vehicles.
include but are not limited to:
- Make sure inventory matches manifest (accompanying shipping
- Maintain and organize all delivery paperwork and deliver it
to the proper personnel as required.
- Refuel and perform other vehicle related maintenance as
- Load and organize product inventory from warehouse into your
vehicle and unload products in and out of truck as needed throughout the day.
- Inspect delivery vehicle daily looking for anything
problematic (low tire pressure, tire wear, dents etc.) and report any
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while
enroute, to supervisors.
- Always keep vehicle organized, clean and tidy.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and
- Adhere to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Follow rules and regulations of the road at all times. Maintain a safe driving record.
- Operate equipment and machines, such as lawn tractors,
trucks, forklifts, trailers, etc.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Proficient at driving and parking large vehicles.
- Physically fit and strong, able to lift 25 pounds
- Experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklifts a
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all
customers a positive experience.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Open availability (This position requires working on occasional Saturdays)
Stark Street Lawn and Garden offers a great opportunity for career minded people!
We have many programs like:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time-off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with employer match incentives
- Company sponsored events
If you are interested in a career with a growing company, fill out our online form our send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include your experience and desired hourly rate!
If you are currently employed, we will be discreet with our
contact and research to not jeopardize your current situation.